Friday, May 4, 2018

Swinging

From vendor's website
I finally received a price estimate for the Liberty Swing (mentioned here) from the Israeli distributor - a staggeringly high price. I included that detail in the proposal I sent yesterday to the Jerusalem Municipality as I was requested to do by the Parks Department. 

I am impatiently awaiting its installation and already envisaging Chaya swinging in it. Probably not advisable since I'm certain this will prove to be a long, drawn out process.

The distributor also informed me that two such swings exist in Hadera and two more have been ordered by other Israeli municipalities. 

But if that sounds impressive, here's what a fellow blogger with a daughter who is disabled wrote me: 
"We have many of these accessible playgrounds here in Los Angeles. I actually have one of the swings in my backyard -- I wish your Chaya could come over and use it."
Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment